Student Services & Special Education
We hope that you will find the links informative and supportive of your needs as a parent / guardian of a child in the Springfield School District.
Student Services represents a broad spectrum of supports and services within the school district's field of operation consisting of:
- Educational records maintenance policies
- Gifted services screening, evaluation, and programmatic oversight
- Guidance services and K-12 programming
- Homebound services
- Homeschool services & compliance
- Education for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness (ECYEH) & reporting
- Nursing & health related services
- School Psychology services and referrals / CRISIS INTERVENTION
- Special Education services including, but not limited to, K-12 programmatic design and state & federal compliance.
As you can see, Student Services is an integral part of how we function as a school system and how we serve our thriving and dynamic school community. I know that you will find our staff to be responsive to your needs, highly knowledgeable in their field and area of support(s); moreover, I am confident that you will find the team of professionals that serve our communities to be nurturing and supportive of your child's individual needs.
You may find that some areas of the Student Services website are under construction. We apologize for this; however, the site continues to be updated with new information regularly and we want to be sure to thoroughly and accurately present to the community the broad scope of services we provide. The Student Services website will be updated on an on-going basis to include new services, programs, and announcements. Check back frequently from time to time for updates.