Back to school is an exciting time for students and families, and as the beginning of the school year quickly approaches, we want to extend a warm welcome back to school and back to the café. Chartwells K12 and Springfield School District are eager to welcome you and your student back to the school café with new flavors, events, food and wellness education that will surely inspire a healthy and fun 2019-20 school year.
I wanted to give a quick thank you to the Springfield School District community for a wonderful first year here in the district. I am very eager to continue to promote and lead the Food Service Department this coming school year. My team and I have planned new and exciting menus options, concept stations and promotions for this year that we cannot wait to share with the students!
Should you have any questions about anything please do not hesitate to reach out to me. My email address is Brandon.Lang@ssdcougars.org and my office telephone number is 610-938-6023.
Below you will find important information regarding the Food Service Department.
- National School Lunch Program applications are done online. The link is on the district website and Nutrislice. Parents can apply for free/reduced lunches for their children to ensure healthy nutrition and enriched learning. The application must be completed each year for renewal.
- Menus are displayed on Nutrislice which provides menu descriptions, photos and nutrition and allergy information. Download the Nutrislice App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to view on your smartphone. The Nutrislice link is located on the district website.
- Computerized debit system in the cafeteria that allows students to purchase meals or snacks with a PIN number. All students have an account that parents may put money into through www.myschoolbucks.com for a small fee or by sending a check with their child to school. Make the check out to “Springfield SD” and put the child’s name in the memo section. Students still have the ability to purchase items with cash if that is your choice.
- www.myschoolbucks.com allows parents to view their child’s lunch account to check their balance or view what they are purchasing. Allergens can also be placed on your child’s account if needed. Contact Brandon Lang or your school nurse to add the information.
- Instructions for setting up MySchoolBucks is located on the back of this letter.
- Additional lunch information is located on the district website, www.ssdcougars.org, under the District tab-Departments -Food Service.
Lunch prices are: Elementary schools – $2.70 ($.40 Reduced). Middle school - $2.95 ($.40 Reduced). High School is all a la carte. ($.40 Reduced)
Breakfast is served at the Middle school and High School every day. Prices are $1.60 or $ .30 reduced price.
**If anyone is interested in working in the cafeteria for Chartwells K12 at Springfield SD the hours coincide with your child’s schedule and it is a great group of people to work with. If interested, please apply online at www.compassgroupcareers.com.
If you prefer to send a check to me to enter into your child’s account, my address is Brandon Lang, 111 W. Leamy Avenue, Springfield, PA 19064. Information, call 610-938-6023 or email at Brandon.Lang@ssdcougars.org.
Chartwells K12 is a proud partner with Springfield School District for 20 years. Our Eat.Learn.Live philosophy guides our team in delivering on each component of our promise from great food (eat) to developing food and nutrition education (learn), and focusing on the whole child through key partnerships that support students in and out of the café (live). Visit www.ChartwellsK12.com for more information.
Director of Dining Services