Back to school is an exciting time for students and families, and as the beginning of the school year quickly approaches, we want to extend a warm welcome back to school and back to the café. Chartwells K12 and Springfield School District are eager to welcome you and your student back to the school café with new flavors, events, food and wellness education that will surely inspire a healthy and fun 2018-19 school year.
This year brings changes to the Food Service at Springfield. I am retiring as of September 30, 2018 after 20 years here at Springfield School District. Please welcome the new Director of Dining Services, Brandon Lang. Brandon has had several years of experience in other school districts in Food Service and will bring that expertise to Springfield. Please reach out to Brandon with any questions or concerns as you have done with me over the years. Thank you for all of the memories and experiences that I have received here at Springfield and I will treasure them as I embark on the next chapter in my life.
Important information that you need to know about the Food Service Department:
- National School Lunch Program applications are done online. The link is on the district website and Nutrislice. Parents can apply for free/reduced lunches for their children to ensure healthy nutrition and enriched learning. The application MUST be completed each year for renewal.
- Menus are displayed on Nutrislice which provides menu descriptions, original photos, and nutrition and allergy information. Download the Nutrislice App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to view on your smartphone. The Nutrislice link is located on the district website.
- Computerized debit system in the cafeteria that allows students to purchase meals or snacks with a PIN number. All students have an account that parents may put money into through www.myschoolbucks.com for a small fee or by sending a check with their child to school. Make the check out to “Springfield SD” and put the child’s name in the memo section. Students still have the ability to purchase items with cash if that is your choice.
- www.myschoolbucks.com allows parents to view their child’s lunch account to check their balance or view what they are purchasing. Restrictions and allergens can also be placed on your child’s account if needed. Contact Gail Hollenbeck/Brandon Lang to add the information.
Lunch prices are: Elementary schools – $2.70. Middle school - $2.95. High School is all a la carte.
Breakfast is served at the Middle school and High School every day. Prices are $1.60 or $ .30 reduced price.
If anyone is interested in working in the cafeteria for Chartwells K12 at Springfield SD the hours coincide with your child’s schedule and it is a great group of people to work with. If interested, please apply online at www.compassgroupcareers.com.
Chartwells K12 is a proud partner with Springfield School District for almost 20 years. Our Eat.Learn.Live philosophy guides our team in delivering on each component of our promise from great food (eat) to developing food and nutrition education (learn), and focusing on the whole child through key partnerships that support students in and out of the café (live). Visit www.ChartwellsK12.com for more information.
Director of Dining Services
If you prefer to send a check to be entered into your child’s account, the address to send checks is:
Springfield School District
111 W. Leamy Avenue
Springfield, PA 19064
- Related Files
- Lunch Menus
- National School Lunch Program
- USDA Summer Food Service Program
- Nutrition/Allergy Information
We have great news! We have completed the setup for your school district’s mySchoolBucks website. As a reminder, mySchoolBucks provides a number of key features you will find beneficial including:
- Scheduled recurring payments
- Automatic deposits when your child’s account balance runs low
- Extended purchase history for the past 90 days
- Low balance email notifications
- Access mySchoolBucks from your mobile device
- Use the new mySchoolBucks website for all of your cafeteria payments.
- Important Things to Note About mySchoolBucks:
- All payments that you have made through Cafe PrePay have been received by your school district and will be reflected in the balances you see on mySchoolBucks. More specifically, there will be no need for parents or schools to transfer any payments over to mySchoolBucks....it has all be done automatically as part of the transition.
- We certainly hope you'll make deposits to your child's account using mySchoolBucks. However, parents can view their students' balances/purchases on mySchoolBucks even if they don't choose to use the site for depositing to the students account. To do so though, a parent will have to create an account on mySchoolBucks and add their students to their household. The instructions at the link below will guide you in doing this simple step quickly:
Breakfast at ETR
Free and Reduced Lunch Program
Free and Reduced Lunch Options
Free and Reduced Lunch Options - High School
Online Application for Free and Reduced
Lifeline - Overcoming the Digital Divide
Lifeline is the FCC's program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. Currently, Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on monthly telephone service purchased from participating providers in the marketplace. On March 31, 2016, the FCC approved rules to modernize Lifeline so that subscribers can also purchase discounted broadband from participating providers. Discounts will apply to stand-alone broadband, bundled voice-broadband packages - either fixed or mobile - and stand-alone voice service. Watch this page for an announcement of when these new rules take effect. These modernizations will help ensure that low-income consumers can afford 21st-century broadband and the access it provides to jobs, education and opportunities.
The USDA is coordinating a "Summer Food Service Program," which provides free meals to any child or teen 18 years and under, during the summer months. For more information, and for designated summer food service program sites, please use the links below.