Springfield High School proudly presents Junie B. Jones, The Musical in the SHS auditorium on November 16, 17, and 18. For more information, go to www.ssdcougars.org/stw.
The Senior Connection
The Springfield Board of School Directors believes that senior citizens of the District deserve special passes to school activities.
Although many senior citizens no longer have children in school, everyone reaps the benefits of education. The Springfield Board of School Directors is dedicated to making Springfield School District the best it can be, and we recognize that good public schools strengthen our property values and the opportunities our students will enjoy in the future.
All of us depend on an educated workforce to sustain a healthy economy and community and to preserve the middle class and our free market economy. If we hope to maintain or improve the quality of life in our communities, attract new businesses, and continue to prosper as a nation, then education is essential.
Springfield School District has emphasized and expanded educational and cultural opportunities for senior citizens through the Gold Pass in an effort to communicate to those who are affected by education. Education at its best is a partnership between schools, parents, and community. The Gold Pass is an example of our philosophy to reach out to the community and make our schools accessible to every one in the community.
Gold Pass allows free admission to all District activities including musical events, school plays, and athletic contests (with the exception of PIAA events). They also entitle the person to whom they are issued free registration in the Springfield Adult School except in courses with restricted enrollments.
The special pass,called the "Gold Pass," may be issued to any senior citizen and spouse who is sixty (60) years of age or older who is a resident of the school district. Passes may be issued only to residents of the District. The major purposes for issuing the Gold Pass are:
1. To recognize and show appreciation to senior citizens for their support of the school system in the past.
2. To make it more convenient for senior citizens to attend school functions.
3. To help create a better understanding of the District by senior citizens.
Seniors may request a Gold Pass by contacting Debi Marker by email or phone. You will be given an appointment at a mutually convenient time when you may come to District Office, present your identification, and pick up your pass.
Office of the Superintendent
Email: Debi Marker
~ powered by Delaware County Community College
Free, continuing education courses for Gold Pass holders in the Springfield and Morton communities.
- Courses delivered by Delaware County Community College Instructors at Springfield High School.
- Courses paid for by the Springfield School District for Gold Pass card holders.
- Courses are on Monday evenings beginning in September, 2018.
- Registration for fall courses opens Monday, July 9, 2018.
Courses offered this September:
- Beginning Italian—An engaging 8 week course that introduces basic vocabulary, pronunciation and sentence structure.CLASS IS FULL
- Monday 6:30-8:30 p.m., September 10 through October 29.
- Chair Yoga—CLASS IS FULL
One of the gentlest forms of yoga available, the class is custom-designed so that anyone can enjoy the benefits of yoga practice.
- Monday 7-8 p.m., September 10 through Oct. 22.
Courses offered this November:
- Introduction to Floral Design—Hands-on instruction in basic floral design techniques and mechanics. (Materials will be supplied.) CLASS IS FULL
- Monday 6:30-8:30 p.m., November 5 & 12.
- Smartphone Basics—Learn all the capabilities of the phone including email and Internet usage/safety. (Participants must have a smart phone.) CLASS IS FULL
- Monday 6:30-8:30 p.m., November 5 & 12.
- Empty Nesters—Learn about resources to help put true priorities in order.
- Monday 6:30-8:30 p.m., November 19 only.
For more information, contact Lori Schmidt at Lori.email@example.com Gold Pass Academy Printable Flyer Gold Pass Academy Course Printable Registration
- Tuesday and Thursday are Senior Discount days. They offer 10% off purchases to senior citizens age 60 and older. Please let the cashier know that you qualify for the discount at the beginning of your purchase. Products already discounted or on sale are not eligible to be discounted further.
- This program is intended for senior citizens drivers 65 years and older who have vehicles registered in New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware. The discount applies only to the four (4) bridges operated by DRPA: Ben Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry, and Betsy Ross.
- Senior Citizens, age 65 and older, with a valid ID, ride FREE at all times on all Transit Routes (Bus, Trolley, Trackless Trolley, Broad Street/Broad Ridge Spur Line, Market Frankford Line/Norristown High Speed Line) and $1.00 on Regional Rail for travel within Pennsylvania and 50% of the Weekday Fare for travel to/from New Jersey and the State of Delaware.
- The Phillies invite all Senior Citizens to Citizens Bank Park for all Citizens Bank Park Businessperson's special and Sunday games with a special ticket discount.
- Discounts often change over time, so please contact the business first to verify which senior citizen discounts are currently available.
- Senior discounts at places to visit in Philadelphia